Need some Amp help - a little new to properly powering speakers

Hello. 

I have some polk LSIM707s that I thorough enjoy.

However, at the moment I'm powering them using a Yamaha aventage 3070 receiver which at 150 watts at 8ohms sounds pretty darn good. 

However, since these are rated at 300 watts at 8 Ohms, I assume I will need some more power. I notice at lower volumes a lot of the imaging and clarity disappears. 

I am looking at buying a 300 watt emotiva Amplifier, or a 500 watt emotiva amplifier.

I'm assuming it would be better to purchase the 500 watt per channel emotiva so the speakers won't suck it dry or stress it. 

Am i wrong in this assumption? 
moskaudio
I had the same issues with all the vintage Marantz units I used. 38 to 52 wpc. I replaced that with a 32 wpc Pass F5 and the issues are gone. Your problem isn't an amount of power. It's the quality of the power. 
I can see that. I figured a fairly expensive flag receiver would produce decent quality power but I guess I should try hooking these up to a 100watt per channel rotel amp I have and see how it sounds.
My problem is that all my speakers are either nominally 4 ohm or have nasty impedance low points. Pretty much all receivers get real flabby and stupid below 3 ohm because their power supplies just can't drive current. My F5 has a power supply that doesn't break much sweat swinging 10 amp peaks. It's total overkill for a nominally 32 watt amp and it looses no clarity or depth even as your chair starts shaking.
Don't worry about the 300 watt rating on the speakers. That is a max level and no indication of what is needed to drive them in a particular sized room. If you can attain the volume levels desired and are happy with your amp/speaker combo then enjoy.
What Rob and others said. Although, I guess he was joking about the Quads. Your rig sounds pretty good at high volumes but giving it bigger amps will only make it a little louder. You need to get better quality gear to make it sound better at lower volumes.