Focal Kanta No.2

Focal introduced a new line today beginning with the Kanta No.2. It looks like they're positioning it between the W cone equipped 1000 series and the Sopra. It's got the shape of the older Utopia products before they went segmented. Any thoughts? Curious what people will think when they hear them. 
kosst_amojan
Focal unfortunately decided to price the Kanta 2 quite a bit higher for the US market in comparison to the European market. It sells around $8,500 in Europe sans VAT, which I would expect a $9,000 USD price, but not more. It does have a certain style and I believe Focal is banking on this being a compelling high end lifestyle speaker. 

It appears to have that odd suck out right where the mid crosses to the tweeter, but oddly flares back up at the 30 degree off center mark. Possibly something lost out in not using the more curved baffle shape from the upmarket Sopra. Speaker toe in is going to have a very notable affect on the balance.

It enters the market at well contested segment. B&W offers the 804D3, Dynaudio has the Contour 60, Paradigm has the Persona 3F, PSB offers the Imagine T3, Canton has the Reference 5K, Magico and Revel will be putting in new entries very shortly. Each speaker mentioned brings its own set of traits the table and are all easily competitive with one another.

I'm sure they'll be fine speakers, but value will likely be considered fair or simply just good, but nothing great. I do intend to pick up a new pair of speakers in the next year right around this price point. Should be good fun. 

All they really have to do is be as good or marginally better than the 1000 series Electra line which I suspect will be phased out soon. 
Some of my favorite speakers have had all sorts of measurement issues...My Wilson WP 6’s and 7’s, B&W 802D2’s, Totem Forest’s etc..yet they can sound amazing and all have quite a following.  Some measure while others listen.  A particular piece of the audio chain is just that...a piece.  How you put the pieces together is the art.  It’s all about balance and synergy!  Anyone who would buy a system based on measurements alone is chasing a fools dream.