Focal Kanta No.2

Focal introduced a new line today beginning with the Kanta No.2. It looks like they're positioning it between the W cone equipped 1000 series and the Sopra. It's got the shape of the older Utopia products before they went segmented. Any thoughts? Curious what people will think when they hear them. 
kosst_amojan
All they really have to do is be as good or marginally better than the 1000 series Electra line which I suspect will be phased out soon. 
Some of my favorite speakers have had all sorts of measurement issues...My Wilson WP 6’s and 7’s, B&W 802D2’s, Totem Forest’s etc..yet they can sound amazing and all have quite a following.  Some measure while others listen.  A particular piece of the audio chain is just that...a piece.  How you put the pieces together is the art.  It’s all about balance and synergy!  Anyone who would buy a system based on measurements alone is chasing a fools dream.  
Measurements are a tool and just like any other, you are free to use them as you like. With them, you can certainly gain inference on how you might set up a pair in your room.

The exmaple of the B&W 802D2 isn't know to have linear dispersion across the audio band due to B&W's design which pushes the mid-tweeter crossover point well out of the mid range. With judicious setup and in room response measurements, I've seen them put in one very nicely done in room frequency response that belies its measured response.

One example is having the phase and impedance plot of a loudspeaker system can give you insights to what amps might be unsuitable or in the least not an ideal pairing.

As for this new Kanta 2, bass response has a quick fall which is certainly in place to keep distortion low. Deep bass will be missing and full range performance will need the assistance of a sub. Impedance does dip rather low at 100hz at 2.9Ohm and I would pair this speaker with amp that is known to be stable at that impedance range. Treble response is slightly shelved. Other that the toe in work, it shouldn't be to hard for room placement and I would think a good solid state amp that can provide current would work best. There are certainly enough options out there to fine tune the final result.

I do think they will be overall as good as the Electra, but they are a bit different overall.
@mmeysarosh 
I'm going to pick on you because you said something that echos a sentiment I see tossed around here a lot about any speaker that doesn't dig down to 20Hz -3dB. 
The Kanta is going to perform very flatly down to it's 29Hz low point considering typical boundary reinforcement of the bass in a real room. Do people forget that these figures are free space "anechoic" performance measurements and that isn't the result you're going to get in an actual room?  
I'd expect bass response to be very comparable to my 936's being the difference in low point is 3Hz. I wouldn't even briefly consider a sub with mine. Any additional bass reinforcement above 32Hz would be insanely unrealistic. 
The bass begins to roll off sharply around 40hz and is down -3db at 38hz and -6db at 34hz. In an appropriately sized room (which mine actually isn't for the Kanta 2), it could very well have enough gain to get down to 29hz, but it wouldn't be able to achieve the sense of pressure created by full range designs and remain clean with low distortion through the drivers audible band.  There are  a few musical genres where that does have a notable impact on the feel, so a lot if this does depend on room and musical tastes.

In comparison to the similarly priced Dynaudio Contour 60 (At least the US Price), the Danes chose a larger pair of drivers with greater cabinet volume to achieve the ability to produce those tones cleanly and keep the driver more composed through the remainder of its response. Focal had expressed in interviews that the baffle construction was in part to maintain cabinet volume all the while keeping the overall size in a specified range. Aesthetic value was a choice Focal made in this product and obviously the Danes weren't quite as concerned about the imposing size of their product.  The issue I have with Contour 60 is how high that mid-tweeter arrangement stand in relative to a typical listener height. Maybe its due to them being one of the tallest nations on Earth. 

I'm personally already used to having something that does dig a bit deeper down low. Would have to hear the Kanta to determine if it works for me, but from my experience, I've preferred a fuller range design.