John Prine

Was just sitting here listening to John Prine, marveling at the man, the talent, the songs, the humor, the tenderness, the joy, the humbleness.  Nothing more.
rpeluso
One of my all-time favorites.  Paradise is on the best songs ever written; totally evocative of a young boy's childhood in the country, combined with a strong environmental message.  I finally had the privilege of seeing him last September.  Even though his illness has taken an understandable toll on his voice, his passion, good humor and the outstanding quality of his writing made it an evening my wife and I will always remember.  The "Singing Postman" rocks!!!  And so does his band, BTW; fantastic musicianship throughout, all in the service of his great songs.  Do not miss him if you get the chance!
New CD April 13th, seeing him (again, always wonderful) in Philly April 14th.  Its hard to list "a" favorite, but high on my list is One Red Rose.  But I agree about Paradise.  And of course countless others that may get mentioned.  Traveled several hundred miles to see him first time, and repeated that several others since, but the Philadelphia show is "in my back yard".  
We're seeing him in San Diego on May 19th, and then again here at home in Phoenix in December.  We've seen him many times over the last >30 years, and never miss an opportunity to do so again.  One of the best songwriters of a generation.

Just shows how different tastes are - we saw him a couple of years ago with Iris Dement (my first exposure) and almost had to leave before John came on. To me she has one of the worst voices ever; literally painful to listen to.