Focal Kanta No.2

Focal introduced a new line today beginning with the Kanta No.2. It looks like they're positioning it between the W cone equipped 1000 series and the Sopra. It's got the shape of the older Utopia products before they went segmented. Any thoughts? Curious what people will think when they hear them. 
kosst_amojan
I addressed your point numerous times, part is due to my room configuration and part in musical preferences. I stated as such early on and at this point, your arguing for the sake of and nothing else. For myself, it matters and obviously it appears less so to your or want it to be for some particular reason. 

Golden Ear is agreeably focused on home theater experience and not musical listening. I never even considered them and the products I mention are proper competitors. Take a moment and seek out the Contour 60's. The bass is tight, taught, and isn't over exaggerated in the least bit. Also, the Focal EM drivers aren't active, but he permanent magnet is replaced by an electromagnet and can produce a field with nearly three times the magnetic flux. The issue being the added power requirements, but as I said that with new materials could obviate some of those issues. 

I'm assuming your room isn't large so this might play a role in your preference. It might also be your musical tastes don't present much lower bass demand. Making any assumptions for others is being myopic.
Techno babble is fun in the terms that it give ideas onto where things go next. Speaker performance in my view has some ways to go yet still. The engineering exercise in my view is rather interesting.
@ contuzzi

Well, I live in east Texas and I've looked around a bit in Dallas and didn't find any Kanta, or even any Focal, for that matter.  Perhaps I need to look some more.

But I do have AXPONA tickets and a room reservation in hand!

@mmeysarosh

"Golden Ear is agreeably focused on home theater experience and not musical listening. I never even considered them and the products I mention are proper competitors"

That is the biggest pile of crap  I have ever heard. On whose authority do you make that statement? I have owned Vandersteen, DeVore, Von Schweikert and they do not even compare to the GE Triton Reference and GE Triton 1 that I have in 2 different, 2 channel very high end systems.

You do not do the original poster any favors with comments like that.

@mmeysarosh 
My room is on the smaller size of average I'd say. It's about the smallest space Focal recommends for 936's. I made that choice quite deliberately because you're virtually always going to end up with better bass reproduction from 2 sources instead of 4. If I hadn't considered that a significant problem I'd have bought 1008 Be's and augmented them with subs. I'm well aware of the EM drivers. That technology is far to expensive to apply to $10,000 speakers. That's why they use NIC motors to increase the linearity of the motor over long excursions.

I'm not trying to pick on you specifically. You made a statement that gets tossed around here a lot based on what appears to be a misunderstanding of what a low point measurement is. 

@stereo5 
I do think the big GE's are more voiced for HT use. Movie soundtracks aren't as disrupted by insanely overblown bass like the big GE's are prone to from one music track to another. Their voicing strikes me as hyper-real while being polite and clinical with weaker image depth. They lacked something Focal brings to the table.