Fidelity Research FR-64x

Fidelity Research FR-64x.....(with silver wire ).  Is this arm still considered  viable today ?

offnon57
Yes, very good arm, especially with the silver wire. Top notch build quality; still makes most of today’s arms look & feel like toys (compare to a VPI arm, lol). I have the non-silver version and it sounded excellent with Koetsu cartridges and the Ortofon Kontrapunkt "c" (older version of Cadenza Bronze). It also did very good with medium-compliance models like Benz Glider/Wood/Ref and Ortofon Windfeld/Jubilee, but it seemed to gel best those lower compliance carts.
Yes indeed! I am a fan of FR arms and cartridges. Have owned several FR1 mk3F's and a MC201. Presently have two of the older arms: FR28 and FR54. All high-quality products!
This is a terrific pickup arm - I used for one years on an Oracle and it sounded wonderful. When I upgraded to an SME V, I sold the Oracle and FR to a friend, who uses it still. And it still sounds great. Please note that one of the self-appointed turntable gurus here has an extreme distaste for the FR, to which of course he’s entitled. But it’s really just a prejudice on his part. I’ve heard the FR arm sound fine in a number of different systems.
@offnon57 

Fidelity Research FR-64x.....(with silver wire )

Do you mean FR-64s ? But the "s" is not necessary silver wire, it can be copper wire. When the wire is silver there is a sticker on the art "silver wire inside" or something like that.  

I bought FR-64fx toneam (the black one) with heavy counterweight W-205. We will see how it works with my FR-7f cartridge. I'm gonna try my FR PMC-3 cartridge as well, but maybe i will need a lighter counterweight which i don't have (looking for one). 

I'm not a fan of the silver wire, in my opinion copper wire is always better.