DAC recommendations for CDs in 2-channel system

Can anyone share suggestions for a DAC to go with the following setup:

Odyssey Audio Kismet monoblocks
Odyssey Audio Tempest pre-amp
Dual 1229 turntable with Shure V3
crappy CD player (used as a transport)
Schiit Modi Uber (current DAC, OK not great)
Klipsch Cornwall I speakers

I listen primarily to CDs and some vinyl at fairly low levels. The amps and preamp were recent major upgrades, so I'm thinking about getting a DAC that will hold its own with the new components.

I don't have a budget in mind, but prefer a high value for dollar. Thanks in advance!
scoran
Oppo or something similar may be a good way to go in your case since you say your CD player is crappy and Modi Uber is not particularly high-end. That said, if I were in your position, and had a moderately decent CD player, I would get a Denafrips Ares R2R DAC. Its's under $700 and should be a great upgrade from what you currently ave. On the lower end of the scale, I've had good experience using a Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus with my semi-crappy CD player. Its under $350. Or, you can just change course completely and get a streamer for under $500 and a Tidal subscription and hear most if not all your CDs at equal or better quality plus an additional huge catalog of music from all over the world.
@mattmiller - I wondered about this. What about all the comments on Audiogon from folks saying "no" to Sabre DACs?
Why not upgrade to one of Schiit's multibit DACs the fits your price range. One can always find a replacement for a CD player to be used as a transport when yours 'craps' out. 
@mesch - that was my initial plan, to go for something like the Multibit Bifrost. Then I read reports of high distortion levels and started having  doubts about build & sound quality of Schiit in general.

Here's an example: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-mult...