Naim and Elac Adante, Wow

The new Elac Adantes are creating a lot of buzz both good and bad.

We were mixed on the speakers initially as certain sonic aspects were fantastic while others were less then satisfactory.

The Adante AS 61 has a relatively low sensitivity so we thought 40 watts will not be enough.

Surprise the Naim Uniti Atom with Wireworld cables produced an intoxicating sound.

The Atom is warm and punchy so the combo matched perfectly.

Elac and Naim fantastic together and affordable.

3k amp which includes dac and streamer,  plus 2.5k speakers other then cables and stands this combo would make a lot of people very happy.

We would urge prospective Adante purchasers to seek out this combo these two products mesh while other combos of electronics with the Adantes may be why some people are not liking the speakers.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
128x128audiotroy
The other issue is your comments here had nothing to do with Elac you fall into the bad taste behavor of Gr4blu and his incessant complaining of what he perceives is bad form by us.

Because we got drawn into a discussion of Vandy and Maggie we started not to dis them but to layout for the client what they do well and their nature. It was only when a Vandy dealer uttered the words "revolutionary" did we start a discussion on what constitutes revolutionary.

In our mind Richard has over the years done some good stuff, but lets face facts, he is not a trained engineer. He is a man who came up with some good ideas and launched a company that through hard work and clever manfacturing made a fantastic speaker for the price with particualar trade offs and a sonic signature and yes through the 37 years colloborated with a few others and did come up with some excellent stuff.

By the way there are many guys in this industry who fall into the same catagory including Dan D'agistino and Mark Levinson the man. 

And by the way over the years sold dozens of pairs of the 2Ce and 1C and will still say they are great value for the money speakers.

Do you know we had a pair of the older Quattros traded in and we listened to them before we sold them. Also had Maggies and a zillion others come through our doors.

I will leave you with the last part as said before, many people call us and state they have learned a lot from reading our posts.

Make you discussion on what is being discussed which is Elac and finding matching components.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Ctstooner, sorry don’t feel that way, you may have gone out of your way but it was your buddy who set up the appointment, and it was in a time window not of my choosing and I think I told him it was right after a photo shoot.

If the situtation was reversed I would never make a disparaging comments on how a system sounds when the dealer/manufacturer/owner came straight out and said the system is not performing correctly, that is called professional courtsey.

If and only if I said yeah this system sounds great and proceeded to then tell you were wrong and say itsounds great then we would be at odds.

However, wasn’t the case, I flat out agreed with you that the two big systems you heard did not sound good at all and as mentioned was due to a number of factors, such as taking systems apart, moving equiment, changhing furniture, changing dacs etc.

This wasn’t about taste it was about system setup which took a long time to get back again where things are starting to sound right.

As per flooging gear on the posts, four guys wrote in and in support of what they have learned, and none of those guys are our regular customers.

People have found out about the T+A gear, as well as many other brands we were championing because of our posting, Do you think Tekton would have gotten any traction without these posts?

Many people are turned on to new brands all the time via these posts.

As per loving a system was really enjoying the Elac Adantes on the Naim Uniti Nova, switched out a set of Legacy Signatures and they were alos sounding fantastic.

Maybe I will invite you back to hear the 9H when the Light Harmonic Davinci 2 comes back that is our reference system and only if we listen to the system extensively first which was not the case.

That was stupid we made the assumption that these systems would sound good when put back in some semblance of the way they were, that was our mistake.

Ctstooner, I also think you are a nice guy, your incessant Vandy love was also noted by a few other people, there are many, many great speakers and depending on who you talk to and what they like you tailor your recommendations to that persom. If you notice on most forum posts we recommend one particular line of speakers if someone is talking about Harbeth we talk about ATC which is one of the other famous British loudspeaker compainie, if you like Harbeth you will most likely like ATC but not a more dynamic and forward sounding speaker like the Elac.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Dude, give a rest to these novels of yours. For Christ’s sake. Tone er down. You sound ridiculous. 
Post removed 
Sorry mofo, 

It is hard to do.-When you are being harrased.

We should all stick to the discusion about the products and nothing else.