Vandersteen VLR Wood ..any love for these?

are there any owners out here. setup tips , wire, amps. thanks Greg
128x128drumsgreg
gcknapp, the stands are 7.5 wide 10.5 deep 24 tall with out the spikes, dry sand or cat litter can be used to fill them.
I have mine filled with rice, seems very inert.  Are your first impressions of the VLRs still holding?  Currently have a pair of Silverline Minuet Supreme Plus that I will be replacing.
still holds, i really like them a lot , now trying  to work my Vandersteen 2WQ with them. these are the speaker i would get if room was paramount, they do sound awesome by themselves with the music i listen to. they really sound like the go lower than the specs say. i am a pro drummer, the tone of the kick comes thru nicely on them, cymbals have the right amount of decay and shimmer, the snare drum , you can tell if its a metal or wood drum very easy. i really do like them...a lot

Do you guys know what the difference is between the 'wood' version and the older VLR? They look totally different. I have a beat on the older version that looks like a box with the stocking around it. Are these any good for the same type of setup? Close to the rear wall?  Anyone compare the newer VLR wood to the prior VLR?  
Unless they are super cheap (under $500), I would wait for a pair of VLR wood.Mr. V. constantly upgrades the innards, so the more recent edition will have the most current sound (compared to new).
B