Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Guys-

I spotted a pair of CS 3.7 loudspeakers over on U.S. Audio Mart. Chicago IL area. Hope they find a good home.

Happy Listening!

Had the house to myself tonight and not only played the SEs loudly but played with listening position. Soundstage's measurements were at a manufacturer's recommended 30":
https://www.soundstage.com/measurements/thiel_cs24/

With the spikes and outriggers this lifts the speaker another 2". So, I tried a lower chair and was able to get my ears 32-36" off the floor using different combinations of pillows (my ears are probably more like 38-40" off the floor in my usual seat). But I also sat closer, so I was changing vertical *and* horizontal off-axis angles. Additionally, it put my ears further from the back wall and couch I usually sit on. So, I was changing at least 3 variables at once.

Anyhow, I was able to get the best sound yet. Image density remains less good than the best I've heard but the sound seemed to open up a bit with a notably more immersive soundstage. I'm slowly getting the position dialed in - can't wait to hear what the XO upgrade does!

Beetlemaina,

Sounds like you are edging toward how I listen. I’ve always preferred closer listening, away from room boundaries, which inevitably makes for smother more immersive sound, and better apprehension of subtle detail. Those more subtle details go missing from further away, and get lost in room bounce “hash.” I hear more of the individual tonality of instruments captured in the recording as well as more details of the acoustics/reverb of the recording.

The only thing that starts to fall away a bit more with closer listening is the sense of liveliness so I always look to maintain a balance.

Fortunately I have a really good room that is well damped (not too damped) and low in such factors so I can still use a further listening distance and still hear great detail in the recording.  But for soundstaing immersion I still like a fairly close seat.