John Prine

Was just sitting here listening to John Prine, marveling at the man, the talent, the songs, the humor, the tenderness, the joy, the humbleness.  Nothing more.
rpeluso
IMO since his throat cancer, and recovery, the sense of sheer joy he exhibits at being able to still perform just takes the show to a totally new level. His voice has suffered significantly - but if was never that *pure* of a voice to begin with - but the fun he has performing is so obvious, and infectious, that you can't help but have a great time.

The level of energy with a full band was incredible. He was literally climbing on top of the PA system.  John is a National Treasure. I have no problem speaking of John in the same breath as Dylan.
What I was trying to convey in my post, but said much better. 
@rpeluso , thanks for sharing . What a talented man . Kinda like mixing John Denver and Woody Guthrie! BTW IRIS is the Bomb ! To those of you that are asking who/what , try what I do . I use Tidal and I am constantly clicking the similar artists tab . I listen to a lot of music , but at 60, I’m finding stuff I never knew . What a thrill . My biggest thrill was discovering Rock and Roll backwards . Started with Beatles, Stones Zepllin, Deep Purple , Rory Gallagher etc as a kid  and reverse engineered to Robert Johnson and Ledbetter ! Talk about getting aroused !!! Like is Good , with music it’s Great . 
Received the new record last night, playing now, stunned (surprised to be) by the man and his subtle genius.  Wish I could be more like him (or the him I perceive him to be), comfortable with who he is and what he thinks.  Just listen to The Lonesome Friends of Science or Crazy Bone.  His humor and his humanity are there.  I love the man, as much as is possible without knowing him at all.  Thank you John Prine.