We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder
I use 5 Blue fuses from SR.  Never had bought high end fuses prior.  I have 2 in the Modwright 5400, 1 in the Whest 3.0 RDT SE, and 1 each in the Nuforce Ref 9 V3SE monos.  They do sound better in one direction when tried, and they do make a very nice difference in the sound.  Can't legitimately say if they are better than other high end fuses, however.  They are expensive.  The Star Sound trans mod is even more effective and much less expensive.  I've done that to 3 different components.
We do need a separate forum and we need to call it Fight Club. :) On the subject of fuses my response would be maybe sometimes. A fuse made a positive impact on my, now former, DAC, but an upgraded fuse did nothing for my preamp. I would say you just have to suck it and see.
1)  They can be beneficial

2)  Yes (tried HiFi Tuning fuses several years ago and was unimpressed, so returned; tried SR Black last summer, same thing; tried SR Blue 3 months ago and let that check cash - - they were definitely worth it in my system).
I buy fuses for my F5 in 5 packs at AutoZone. Bussman, I believe. The IEC receptical/switch/fuse/filter module I'm using has provision for dual fusing. I use one and jumper the other. It makes NO difference regardless of how I configure it. 

If fuses make any difference, which HIGHLY debatable, every believer in them radically overstates their effect. I've seen guys here write that a fuse was so harsh as to be unlistenable before burning in. That's impossible to believe. Their snake oil. If your unit is lacking some quality a fuse adds, there are better, more cost effective ways to gain the attribute than some insanely priced inch of wire.