Martin Logan speakers

Are Martin Logan speakers still considered to be high quality speakers?   (I have an opportunity to buy a used pair of Vistas)   I have an old Audio Research VT130 amplifier.    Would it be a good fit with the Martin Logans?  If not, what would be better, but not outrageously expensive?   
jcder
I bought a pair of impression 11A’s last April, and I love em! 
Owned many many speakers over the years and these are one of my favorites. Bass is seamless to these ears.. I just wish I’d have gotten the 13A, for a little bigger soundstage and bass wallop (but these speakers can rock out in my 14’ x 25 basement listening room ..
Even though they aren’t for me, I completely get why some people love ML speakers and find most other types wanting.  They have their own sound that if you love it, you love it.

To the OP: don’t be put off by anyone else (like me) who prefer other speakers.   
I think that when people start talking about “enough power” as a issue to whether an amp is going to sound good on a speaker or if more power is needed, they really don’t have much experience in hifi audio. The only reason one needs more power is if the amp is running out of power while playing music. Aside from that, no one can really tell you what amp is going to sound best in your particular setup/room. There can be recommendations but ultimately you have to find what amp works well for you. I think it is a silly question to ask if ML’s are still considered good speakers. ML’s are great speakers! One of the most desired sounds in Hong Kong is the older Monolith ML with Conrad Johnson Premier One tube amp. I own the Request and have tried many amps on them. I like the way a really good powerful EL34 amp sounds on my ML’s but for my setup/room, I found a Class A 50watt Threshold to be the best match. 
Just want to add something else, I have no idea what people are saying about a small sweet spot with the ML’s. I have a huge sweet spot with mine. I own several speakers and the only speaker that gives me a narrow window where I have to put my head to hear into the music is my very large Magnepan’s. I have not experienced this issue with my Request ML’s. 
I don’t get what people mean when they say the woofer response lags behind the panel so badly. In Stereophile’s review of the Montis the step response of the woofer lags behind the panel by 1.7 milliseconds. This is a greater lag than many cone speakers but can people really distinguish a 1.7 millisecond response lag from a 1 millisecond response lag? Live music must sound very disjointed to people who can.

Another reason I like MLs is the way the music is totally unattached to the speakers. It would be hard for me to give this up.