Sound Anchor Stands

I'm considering Sound Anchors stands for my new Pulsars. They have a top plate which bolts in to the holes in the bottom of the speaker. Blu-tak is not necessary and stability is enhanced. Since they are metal stands, can the bottom of the speaker be damaged by placing it on the metal top plate directly? I was told that wrapping clear packing tape around the top plate would work, but I don't know. Any thoughts or suggestions?
rlb61
Bought my SA stands 27 yrs ago when I bought my Spendor S100's!  When I bought them they didn't come with any 'badges' or anything.  Last year I contacted SA and asked about purchasing a set of badges for my stands.  The lady was very kind and told me to simply send a picture of my stands, which I did and she than sent me the badges, free!

Originally bought targets best stand...there descent...moved up to sound anchor for atc 19’s...They are the best (imho)...The small sorbethane adds barely nothing to tone...tried several of the "best" recommended and meh...back to original...he had it right.

They will protect you speakers too.

SA also builds stands for Vandersteen, Eminent Technology, and Magneplanar speakers. Great company and products!
I used Sound Anchor stands with Joseph Audio Pulsars. They are the best stands I have used, or even seen for that matter. I attached the plate to the bottom of the Pulsars. This is a solid attachment. Place some felt or something between the two if you like, but once attached, the plate will not move. I doubt you will ever detach the plate because you will sell the stands with the speakers, if you ever sell them.