Focal Kanta No.2

Focal introduced a new line today beginning with the Kanta No.2. It looks like they're positioning it between the W cone equipped 1000 series and the Sopra. It's got the shape of the older Utopia products before they went segmented. Any thoughts? Curious what people will think when they hear them. 
kosst_amojan
Someone listed a pair of Kanta here yesterday in bright yellow.  May still be for sale.
Na.... There's not really some direct, unequivocal correlation between excursion and distortion like so many want to believe in order to justify giant drivers. Making a more linear motor is an easier task than building a bigger, stiffer, properly damped cone. Focal and many others have built impressive businesses and speaker with 6 to 8 inch cones. 
It actually is an absolute direct correlation and proven through both computational FEA and measurement. You get a substantial area in increase when moving from six to eight inch cones and this allow substantially reduced excursion and pressure exerted on the cone to achieve similar amplitude at lower bass frequencies. So while the shorter cone is stiffer due to its smaller size, its generally a linear gain unless shape is changed, which it usually is in most cases. The force increase on the other hand is a non linear function as there are multiple factors at play, the pressure itself and increase in cone velocity and acceleration in air. A smaller driver will always requires more energy to achieve the same output as larger driver in low bass area. An eight inch cone offers about fifty percent more area than a six and half inch cone. Now as that cone gets larger, the ability to achieve the rates of acceleration at higher frequencies becomes overly challenging. Not to mention the dispersion beaming that also occurs, which a six inch cone begins to beam at around 2khz, maybe slightly less. I'd do believe there would be artifacts if the wavelength produced becomes larger than the cone, but I'm not sure if its of any issues at the sized being discussed.

In ending, there isn't a single part of the driver that wouldn't require significantly more buildup if wanted to achieve a similar lower frequency performance without distortion increase. It might even be easier to use Focal's own EM technology to achieve what your proposing, but at a notable cost. Going to a larger cone is simply much more cost effective and negative is mainly overall size and increase in baffle if front mounted, a negative if trying to increase dispersion width but can be addressed with baffle shaping.
Post removed 
@mmeysarosh 

Yeah, that's always the apples to oranges argument that gets made. Well duh, moving less air is going to produce less amplitude. So you use several. I really don't feel like crunching the numbers at 5am with my contacts out, but I have done the numbers and the 3 6.5" drivers I'm listening to roughly equal the area of a 10 inch cone. So seeing as how they move the same volume of air as a 10 inch driver, their excursion is identical while still enjoying the benefits of the stiffness of the smaller cones. No distortion penalty due to excursion.