Power amp/integrated amp suggestions for SUPER POWER HUNGRY/INEFFICIENT SPEAKERS

These are the speakers
https://content.abt.com/documents/8800/M7_cut-sheet.pdf
As you can read: suggested power rating of 100-300w, 87dB sensitivity. I’m gonna need a brute of an amp to drive these things.

https://www.schiit-europe.com/index.php/producten/lyr-2-high-power-tube-hybrid-or-solid-state-headam...
I have this headphone amp, which can be used as a preamp for powered desktop speakers, but don’t know if it could be used as a preamp for a power amp.

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Edit: looks like the Lyr 2 can be used as a preamp. So that leaves me with the decision of the power amp.
muffinhead123

Looking at the Lyr, it can be used as a preamp to connect to a normal amplifier.  It has stereo RCA preamp outputs on the back and they are controlled by the volume knob.

I'm not sure why Snell is recommending 100-300 watts.  The speakers sensitivity is 87db which is actually pretty normal for an audiophile speaker (typical is 87-89).  Only specially designed speakers are more efficient such as Tekton or JBL or other (like in the 95db to 98db area).

If you plan to use the Lyr (which would be a really nice tube preamp), there are lots of power amp choices.  If you want Class D, look at Nord One UP (they are made in Europe).  Otherwise, Bryston if you want a more exacting sound (similar to Class D) or something like Parasound A21 if you want something warmer and more engaging.  Many other choices.  It's easy to hit 200 watts per channel with an amplifier.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I neglected a crucial part of the recommendations: my budget for the amp is going to be under $1000. I’d like to keep it under $500 if possible. Unfortunately, that rules out quite a few of your suggestions.

It appears that the Lyr can in fact be used as a preamp with a power amp for passive speakers. With this in place, I’ll be able to flavor the sound by tube rolling, of which I have a couple different pairs to choose from. I don’t feel I need a power amp that does much than give the current a clean transparent boost.

I’ve been giving serious thought to using a studio monitor power amp like the Yamaha P2500, as was suggested in another thread. It would be an unusual setup, but it just might work. The Bryston amps also look like a good used option.