Old Gyrodec and some issues.. Analog Gurus Please chime in!!

Hey All, 

I just bought a new-used(very used) Gyrodec w/ Zeta tonearm and Sumiko Talisman Virtuoso (B) cartridge. I am have a couple of issues that I need to solve. 

1. Due to limitations of my room the TT will need to be placed about 15 feet from my main preamp/amp. This is a very low output cartridge, I believe like .26 mV. Given this fact is it possible or advisable to run a long interconnect (12-14 feet) from the phono preamp to my main system? 

2. I need recommendations for a good phono-stage that can push this tiny signal. My budget for new/used phono stage would be around $500. Or should I look into a good higher output MM cart? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

3. Recommendations for the tonearm cable (the cable running from the tonearm to the phono stage) It looks to be a 5 pin DIN connection. Budget is $150-ish. 

Thanks for your thoughts and advice in advance!!!!
128x128birdfan
@bensturgeon
On audiogon currently there is a Musical Surroundings Phenomena II for sale at $524 from the Music Room. This has adjustable gain and impedance. It has had good reviews and is almost certainly a decent step up from the Project. That would be a good buy for you in my view.

If you can find a dynavector P75 (mkii, mkiii, or mkiv) in your price range it would serve you well and offer you flexibility for cartridge changes in the future.