Nuforce STA200

I am curious about the Nuforce STA200 amplifier  If anyone has experience with the amp it would be appreciated if you would share your listening impressions, both good and bad.  Some of the descriptions I have read classify it as a class AB amp and others a class D amp.  I am not technical savvy about these things, can a single amplifier be both? 
Thanks
George
jetter
Has anyone tried a passive unit with the STA 200 ? ( @aberyclark , did you happen to listen to your Schiit sys direct, w/o preamp ? ). Thanks
I picked up the NuForce a couple weeks ago and was planning to have my CEntrance dacmini modded to variable outs.  When that was a no go, I ordered a Luminous Audio Axiom ii passive preamp.  Luminous Audio takes the specs on your amp and speakers (as well as the dac) and designs the preamp accordingly.  Put it all together today, and even tho it’s just a few hours out of the box I’m pretty blown away.  Excellent soundstage and imaging, bass is tight, excellent midrange and the background is dead quiet.  I highly recommend the Axiom—about $220.00 with the upgraded Caddock Resistor.
Looks like the Nuforce has finally been discontinued. Too bad....I really love mine
I purchased a Luminous Audio Walker Mod, single ended, 3 in, 2 out remote unit about a month ago, and all I can say is, I will never use a preamp again. And, the STA 200 is amazing, and such a joy to listen through. Enjoy ! MrD.
mrdecibel, I purchased a STA200 about a month ago when Audio Advisor received them back in inventory again.  As was discussed previously, the amps high gain resulted in me only being able to turn up the volume on my tube preamp about 1/3 of usual.  At someone's recommendation, I purchased the Schitt Sys passive for less than $60 including shipping and put it between my pre out and amp, and that did the trick perfectly.  I have had only tube amps for a long time, but I am enjoying the STA200 quite a lot.  At $499 I am quite happy.