I'd like to hear recommendations for Turntables under $5,000

I had a reconditioned Thorens TD-160 Super. I'd like to know from people who own them, What you recommend looking at? My focus is less than $3,000 but I'm in like with some of the old VPI Classics, Prime, Prime Signatures  which is why I say 3-5K in the title and am looking for recommendations on anything in this range? Make and model. 
jahatl513
Although you didn't explicitly say so, it sounds like you're looking for another BD, like your Thorens or like the VPI turntables you named.  There's nothing wrong with that.
lewm; I just want good sound and my experience is limited so don’t be distracted by what I chose to list,... was just to get the conversation started.

I did not say that I hate tweaking TT's either and I do; just want to set it up and listen as best I can afford to. 
NOTE: Likely a New Thread needed

Can Those Who Said a BIG Yes to Michelle, tell me why I don’t see any great reviews or maybe point me to them?

Can anyone who has Delphi Oracle say it is Excellent?, If so or if NOT can you comment on experiences.

Dear Lew, Yes Antoinette was Austrian but in those times French

was the obligatory language for the elite. However I am more

interested in what you said than Marie. If I can get your Kenwood

for $3500 I will transfer the money tomorrow.  After that I will

ask my Slavic brother chackster which one, his or yours, is better

and for much less money than $5000.

The reason I went with a direct drive table is because i heard it do things that I have not heard a belt drive do outside of mega bucks.  The attack piano and drums are just incredible.  The technics 1200g gives you a lot for the money.  For me it came down to this table and the Michell.  The Michell is excellent and very worthy of the best arm you can afford.  It has a warm and airy sound that is just hard to beat at any price.  The technics does not have the air and soundstage of the Michell but it does certain things very well.  I have had belt drives most of my life because I never heard a direct drive perform like they do now for the money.  Its a tough one for sure.  I still think about that Michell if that tells ya anything.  Analog at its finest for a very reasonable cost.