Golden ear Technology reference

Has anybody heard or does anybody own the Golden Ear Technology Reference speaker that retails for $8500.00
per pair?  Would like to hear your insights and opinions.
Thank you.
128x128kjl1065
I have the Triton Reference and Triton Ones in 2 separate systems.  The Triton Reference is similar to the Triton One except you get more of everything.  Bass is extremely deep articulate and powerful.  Mids and highs are neutral, not too bright and not too warm.  Like Goldilocks said, just right.  They are NOT and were NOT designed as home theater speakers.  Anyone who says that is talking out their behind.

I laugh when someone says they heard it at the dealers showroom for a few minutes and draw their conclusions.  There is a lot of technology in the speakers for a very reasonable amount of money.  They excel on Rock which is 90% of my listening, but also sound great on Jazz and Classical.  Listen to some good Blues music and you will be hooked.  I believe every reviewer who has reviewed them has given them glowing recommendations.  Are they the next best thing to sliced bread? Certainly not!  The imaging and soundstage the speakers create is wonderful.  In my system, I get wall to wall sound and pinpoint imaging.  I can pick out the player on stage, exactly where they are standing. I have owned  8 different pairs of speakers over the last 15 years or so and these speakers never, ever gave me buyers remorse or made me second guess my decision.

Don't believe what the other poster said, you don't need tube amps to make them sound their best.  Where do these people who don't own them get that crap from?  I am driving mine with a 150wpc McIntosh power amp and a Mac tube preamp and they sound great.  I  get hours and hours of listening pleasure without fatigue.

That is my take on them.
@stereo5  Then you must be laughing all the time. Because most people form their opinions by listening to audio equipment at dealer showrooms only. Very few of us have the luxury of auditioning at home, and that too a large floorstander. 

BTW, at the hifi dealer showroom (not the home theater one), I listened to the GE Reference for close to 30-45 minutes (I was off that day). I also listened to Proacs and Sonus Fabers during the same session. To my ears, and admittedly in a dealer showroom for a short period of time, the Sonus Fabers sounded much better. It is entirely possible that they sound stupendous in your setup, no doubt. But the OP was asking for opinions from folks who have listened to them. And I gave him mine. No need to be condescending toward other posters if you disagree.
I heard them at a dealer when Sandy Gross came to explain his design philosophy and provide a demo. I must agree that top to bottom balance was wonderful, but  to my ears there just wasn't enough "there" there. I was also underwhelmed by Mr. Gross's knowledge of engineering/physics etc....  
If they excel on rock I'll wager 90% of those who listen to 90% Classical
would be not care much for them .

@schubert

Not too sure about that. Sandy Gross LOVES Classical Music and demonstrated them with Classical at RMAF. I wasn’t really paying attention to the music as I already had them at home. I spent most of my time making small talk with Sandy. I will say that "Witches Brew" sounds incredible on my T refs.