My first visit to AXPONA

I took the 2 hour drive from Milwaukee today to check AXPONA out. What an overwhelming experience. I posted a couple weeks ago about my system that I love but after being on this forum for a while I was wondering what I'm missing. This was my first chance to hear some really elaborate and expensive set-ups. After a 2 hour drive home and analyzing what I heard, I decided to give a hug to my system. My Infinity Kappa 8's and the rest of my $8000.00 system will work for me. Don't take this wrong, I would love to upgrade but with my financial situation I will live and enjoy what I have. If by chance I win some lottery some day I know where $100,000.00 would go. 
golden210
That's a great and positive story. I've only gone to one audio show, eleven years ago (the '07 RMAF). I also thought I might suffer from disappointment with my then system when I returned home. That didn't happen, and it caused me to realize to improve much upon what I then had would have required much more in resources than what were available to me. That situation hasn't changed much, but my satisfaction with my system has gone up.

As Martha would say, "happiness is a good thing".

Best regards,
Dan
freediver, I think I was in every listening room, didn't care what type of music they were playing, but most showcased their best. No idea what the top of the line whent for but they had some versions that were a 1/4 of the size going for $10,000. I'm happy with my Adcom GFA 555 II amp as it handles my Infinity Kappa 8's just fine. I paid $800.00 for the pair ten years ago from a down and out friend. Reconed the woffers and replaced one back side tweeter. Didn't bother to ask prices on amps, you could tell just by looking that they cost some change. Some looked cooler than an old split window Corvette. Had a great time with the Thorens turntable rep. My first system purchased in 1974 included a TD 160. Just got back into vinyl recently and was shocked finding out it's considered a vintage classic. I found a service dude that knows Thorens really well. The tune-up costed $350.00, new wires, lubrication, and a new cartridge, Grado Red  II. It was his suggestion and I'm happy with it. Just so you know my current lineup is a new NAD C 165EE pre amp replacing my old Adcom GTP 500 II that developed balance issues but still use it as a tuner, a new NAD C546BEE CD player as I was getting better sound I thought I'd replace my old Technics SL PD-8. Please no bashing me on this one because I didn't know until joining this site I terminated my ancient Yamaha equilizer. With the newer components I didn't need it, however I bought a Shiit Loki, very simple and for $149.00 it gives a little tweaking. I also shocked some of the LP cleaning people with their big buck machines. A couple even agreed that the $300.00 I spent probably does a great job. One even asked where I bought one of my $20.00 components. Message me if interested, my system works great. After cleaning 10 albums the liquid in the tank is full of crap. This is after using my old better type Discwasher.

Agree with the OP. Even allowing for the challenges of setup in such a venue, its apparent that system synergy and performance isn't a given above some price point.

We didn't visit every room this year, but for me the highlight in the sub-mortgage range was the Gingko Audio room. 

The only new gear/tech that caught my eye is the VAC Sigma 170i. VAC refers to integrateds as a "lifestyle choice", which I am going to steal and use to explain why i went with the 1/2 ct. Diamond earrings for my wife instead of the full 1ct. "Baby, it's a life style choice". Worth a shot anyway.

Seemed like a major shift this year where lots of rooms where demoing with Tidal, versus 4 years ago when all the rooms were spinning vinyl. I think this is a good change, we heard a much wider variety of music.

JBL was conspicuously missing this year. Too bad, always enjoy that room
"If by chance I win some lottery some day I know where $100,000.00 would go."

Be prepared...