Over time, with playing constant playing, do vinyl records wear out?

I am resurrecting my 60's, 70's & 80's LPs. None have a clean apart from the cursory anti-static brush. My question is do these circular vinyl music discs wear out. With a new cartridge needle, gunge or no gunge in the groves, the hard needle material must wear away the indentations in a vinyl record. So no amount of cleaning will save them over time. Friction will win out...
128x128amg56
If your last question resulted from your first listen...1960's...I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.
I used a KLH compact system (Model 20 maybe…no tuner) through the 70s and somehow the Pickering cartridge (had a little attached dust brush) didn't destroy my vinyl. Amazingly. 
Yes, records will wear. The heavier the stylus force, the more wear, too. But it's gotta have enough force to track.

If you listen carefully to the cymbals, you may notice a reduction in volume after 30-40 plays. After 100, it's definitely noticeable. 

Mishandling, a cheap conical, or a worn stylus will increase both high frequency fading and ticks. Play the whole side - don't drop or pickup the needle in the middle. And never leave records out to gather dust. Don't touch the grooves, either.

If you do all that, the need for cleaning will be reduced, but there's no substitute for a good washing if you've played it a lot.