What is the best USED Speaker Under $10,000

REAL WORLD PRICES

Considering AudiogoN prices - You can buy many fantastic used $20,000+ Speakers for under the magic $10,000 level.

This is really a different topic than previous questions in this forum.

I've bought Avalon Eidolons, Joseph Audio Pearls, Wilson Watt Puppy 6's and others for (slightly) under 10K

I would love to hear from other A'goners their opinions on what are the best you can do - for under 10K (Or even a "little bit more").

Thanks for sharing your opinions!
Ag insider logo xs@2xjprice
I second the earlier mentions of the Legacy Whisper and Revel Salon 2's. I would think you would be struggling however to find a pair of Magico S3's for under $10k any time soon. Infinity IRS Beta's can be found in good shape for under $10k used, but their age and lack of replacement parts precludes me from recommending them.

Personally I vote for TSW Apogee Duetta Signatures which offer remarkable sound for the money, whilst in a smaller room or where less critical speaker placement is required, I vote for the [url=http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-marten-design-coltrane-alto-low-hours-excellent-condition-2014-12-13-speakers-92868-orange-ca]Marten Coltrane Alto's[/url] on A'gon at the moment. They were $22k speakers back in 2004, and even at that price Marten weren't really making any money on them due to their extremely complex design and carbon/kevlar monocoque construction.
Well, if I had a big enough room I would get a pair of Dunlavy SC-Vs or Duntech Sovereigns or Princesses. They can be had for well less than $10K, and while not the last word in transparency they still serve the music well. I don't regret selling my Princesses, but I do miss them.
Lighten up, Ctsooner, I was just messing with you guys. Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, or make anyone feel smaller. I'll try to be more serious going forward - no more Travolta or Stigmata references, promise.
gator, didn't really hurt my feelings at all. Was enjoying this thread as are others and didn't want it threadjacked. You can be anyway you want. Your references would have been funnier if you had anything to share, but your post has nothing to do with this thread and a few of us construed it as you putting us down by making fun of it and pointing out when it was started. I would assume that anyone who's reading this thread knows the dates of it.

It' the internet and folks often don't come off as they think they are. Your thread just came off as someone who thought it was a stupid thread because it was started a few years ago. I was emailed by two about your post, so when I read it and it had nothing to do with the thread other than making fun of it, I read it the some way as the others. Why do you feel the need to mess with anyone, especially when you don't know us? I would say most of us are pretty 'lightened up' and I sure don't need anyone to tell me to lighten up. I'd have to care about you or have you make a personal attack before my feelings would be hurt, however I've been posting on boards since the net opened and have learned not to take anything, including my self that seriously (well, most of the time).

So do you have anything to add to the thread? What speakers have you heard that you would buy under 10k?
Another speaker that represents excellent 2nd hand value is the Living Voice OBX-RW which can be had under $10k used.