Moving from MM to MC

I have a Shure M97x cart and it's been fantastic, but itching to test the waters with MC carts. What is the biggest thing I will notice once I switch?

BTW thinking of getting the Denon DL 103 for around $220. That a good bang for the buck under $300?
bstatmeister
Thanks for the feedback guys. After all the input I think I may have been swayed into buying a better MM cart (than the Shure m97xe) rather than trying to find a cheap way of doing MC without overhauling the rest of my system. After doing some research I think that Cartridge man Music Maker III looks like a great long term goal (1k is just too much for a cart right now). Now I am looking at MM/MI carts in the 300-500 dollar range. On which one would be the best for me might be a crap shoot, since nothing is a stand-out based off of my research in that price range. So I ain't got the warm and fuzzies at this point (I do for the music maker though...sigh...)

(alternatively everywhere I look between 3-5 hundred it is always the Denon DL-103R as the winner - but again, it's moving coil) 

Any clear stand-outs that I could buy NEW (I do not like the idea of used for a cart) as either an MM or MI you can think of?

As for phono stage, I was looking at the emotiva, looks like impressive specs for only $200. Any thoughts on this? SN ratio is significantly better than what I have now:
https://emotiva.com/products/xps-1
Any Grado MI would be a good match for the 12 gram arm on the Technics table. Pick one within your budget and I think you would be happy!
https://www.needledoctor.com/analog/analog-components/Phono-Cartridges/brand/Grado-Labs
I was going to recommend a Grado as well. But, with the Grado's unshielded design, will it pick up hum from the Technics motor? Anybody with experience to answer this question?
@lowrider57 

SAEC SS-300 mat is a must have to solve an EMI effect (electromagnetic interference) for both MM or LOMC 
Anyone tried a Jico S.A.S styli replacement? looks like they were discontinued a couple years ago since boron prices went up, but looks like you can get them for around $240 on the aftermarket.