Allnic H-3000 hum when mute button engaged.

Hello Goner,
I have just purchased this wonderful phono preamp used. The unit is running perfectly and quietly. There is only one problem, that is when the mute button is engaged, my speakers hum badly on bith sides. Anyone got any idea on what happens. Also, when the button engaged and disengaged, it produce the pop sound. Is it the possibility that the mute button is malfunctioning? Can a simple deoxit fix it?
 Thanks 
Calvin
dangcaonguyen
Calvin- quite a few threads on the subject. A lot of the rectifiers are cheap enough that you can try several for yourself and see what works best in your system. I am presently using a GEC U-52, have used a fat base first series Mullard (the earlier metal base is preferred) and there is a military RCA from WWII with a particular getter arrangement that is supposed to be good. (Perhaps that's what's in there). You might look at Dub-Step Girl's Massive Rectifier Shoot-Out (or something like that)-- she does describe the general character of many rectifiers, but I think the results will still depend on the circuit and what you are chasing in the system.
I'm glad the problem was simple to address. Enjoy your new phono stage!
Congratulations on the H-3000 and glad that you have it sorted out.  Now, find an HA-3000 to pair with it and kick that wonderful phono up to even greater heights! 
To answer your question regarding tubes, all of the stock tubes in the Allnic are NOS except the rectifier.  You already have a NOS RCA but other rectifiers that Albert suggested are Tung Sol, Valvo, Mullard, and Cossor.  Mullard will be warmer whereas the Tung Sol will be leaner.