Stereophile, no more bench tests????!!!!

Looks like Stereophile may be cutting back on expenses, no more bench testing for measurements and specs to keep the manufacturers and reviewers honest, it'll make you think twice on what to believe now, without the proof to back it up.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mark-levinson-no534-power-amplifier

https://www.stereophile.com/content/music-round-91-parasound-halo-52

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi
Sorry, but I love TAS.  I have had an uninterrupted subscription since Issue 20 (December 1980).  I bought quite a few back issues before the fire in Sea Cliff and have found the rest, so I have every print issue.

I started my Stereophile subscription in 1981 and have every issue since.  Not quite a full set.

Yes, I still read them cover to cover every month.  Kind of a ritual by this point I guess.
As always, almarg said it all (mapman too). I find especially useful and interesting---and necessary---the input and output impedances of tube pre's and power amps, and the modulus of a loudspeaker's impedance. The interaction between all three can be predicted from those figures, narrowing down likely synergistic pairings to be auditioned in person.
I agree with Mapman, Almarg and bdp24. I enjoy Stereophile more than any other mag because in addition to the reviewer's subjective impressions, we have measurements. No wise audiophile should buy any component based  solely upon measurements. The unwise audiophile ignores the measurements.
I especially enjoy it when the impressions of the reviewer are at odds with the measurements which are disclosed after the review is in.
Lastly, I think the Stereophile writers are generally very literate and engaging.  I enjoy the Absolute Sound as well, but if I could only read one magazine, it would be Stereophile. I also enjoy HiFi News and Record Reviewsout of the UK.  It is, in many ways, a distinctly different perspective on audio. 
i miss the 'stereo review' magazine. i've been reading their magazine since 1970 till they retired!!
I buy based completely on specs and really miss Dick Heyser’s brilliant, and comprehensive, work while at Audio. 

It is is a shame that Stereophile will no longer be proffering lab tests, but it is going to save me a lot of money as without this info I am going to stand pat and just keep the technically correct gear that I have.