What is an excellent power cable?

Looking for a high quality power cable. Anyone recommend anything? Also, is a quality power distributor important as well? 
xenon
I like Pangea power cords.
My entire system has Pangea power cords.
They work great and sound fine.
I've had a very positive experience with DCCA power cords on my amp. Shunyata also a good one to look at, their cables really lower the noise floor. Found the Shunyata Black Mamba CX not as appealing on my preamp, music seemed less dynamic but really liked it on my phono stage.
I tried cables from both signal cable and Pangea and all the cables did not work well in my system (every system is different).  I think a few users mentioned it but for me they sucked the life out.  The stock power cables were better.  For reasonably priced cables, I would look into cables from audiosensibility.com. They use OCC cooper and that seems to make a difference.  I also use Audio Art cables, both the Power1 SE and the statement 2 cables.  Great cables.  Good luck!
I use Harmonic Technologies AC-11's. Lower priced cords with good results in my system.
I went from a Furman power conditioner & Pangea power cables to all Shunyata in my 'reference' system and have never looked back. I will say that the Pangea AC-14XL cable seems to work reasonably well with my source equipment (i.e. Oppo BDP) and I use their AC-9SE Mk II with the sub-woofer on my home theater rig, but I will no longer use their cables for regular amplification. Try a used Cardas power cable or used Shunyata, if you can find one - you can always re-sell them if you don't like them.