What is an excellent power cable?

Looking for a high quality power cable. Anyone recommend anything? Also, is a quality power distributor important as well? 
xenon
I can't recommend any audioquest power cords..they don't improve sound in my opinion.nordost are nice but can be a little on the bright side not to mention big $$$$. Had great success with oyaide tunami and it's well within your budget. .really like elrod a bit over budget but you can find some used and bargain the price down. .best of luck.

The Oyaide Black Mamba V2 or Tunami V2 are very good.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/oyaide-cables

Wig

What a shame it is that manufacturers of high end audio equipment assemble their components with, of all things, a power cord that is incapable of maximizing the performance of the component.

Yes....said with tongue-in-cheek.
I had that conversation with a manufacturer in the mid 90's when aftermarket power cords where gaining popularity. He said, the main reasons are cost and results. We talked about cords making a difference and he agreed that they did, however trying to decide on a cable that would work for all systems is impossible and if they upgraded the cord, they would have to pass the cost on to the buyer, who might not like it and replace it anyway. They included a decent molded, 14ga cord with the units and the customer can upgrade or not. You might also note that at shows, many exhibitors are not using stock cords on their gear.