Please Read and express your feelings and opinions....

I noticed  that lately or maybe for the last five yrs, there is so much arguments,name calling, attacking cables , speakers , components makers and more, more of disagreement with members, even Audio dealers are being attack here...Very few know how to apologize when they are wrong.What can we do as Audiogon members to improve our communication to each other? How to give the informations, recommendation to members who need it? This is without involving Audiogon, any opinion or ideas ,  For me this is fun and place to learn in audio...thank you all
128x128jayctoy

I have to agree with the original post, standards of courtesy do seem to be dropping. I try to post my opinions and make clear they are opinions, not facts and then try to accept other peoples opinions. I have'nt experienced much vitriol. only once I can recall clearly. I expressed that I was'nt that impressed by Magico Speakers after a prolonged listen at a show. The gist of the reply was I could'nt give an opinion unless I had experienced them for some time, weeks certainly, in my own home.

It plainly is'nt possible to audition everything in your own home, especially a product you can not afford and have no intention of buying. That is simply unfair on the dealer. I thought the response was just plain stupid, but did'nt say so and was not mortified.

We should just expect opinions and advice is given in good faith. Now I know there are trolls around, people pushing an agenda for commercial reasons. Unless that is clear, I just accept peoples posts are in good faith..

Please don't assume all members are from the US of A, I'm from the UK. We have the same problem here.On the PinkFish site, make a favourable comment on the benefits of cables and you are likely to find men in pointy hats and a burning cross on your front lawn next day.

Post removed 
@whart. PLUS 1. @david12 , Not all of the trolls here are pushing an agenda for commercial reasons. The worst, for me, are the trolls who argue what our ears tell us, such as differences in power cords, as an example, and brought up again very recently on a fairly new thread. They say we are imagining it, hallucinating, off our rockers. And, they keep coming back, again and again and again. There are other types, too, such as those that bash one product design vs. another ( in my case, horn loaded speakers ). I have never jumped on a thread and bashed anything. I have been here on the Gon for 10 years, and this has gotten worse. I find them annoying, but most of all, I have no respect for them, because this is a forum about " listening to music ", and they rely only on science, and / or on " their " godly beliefs.. How I see it, anyway. I just laugh most of the time at these ignorant, close minded, earless people. Enjoy ! MrD.
David12 when I wrote the thread my feelings is that audio is a good hobby , second is I do respect everyone who are Agon members, third I know most of us are capable to give courtesy and respect each other, I agree my thread is just to remind members we are all cool here, it can get better, so far it did it’s porpuse..So enjoy agoners...