Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66

@bullitt5094
  The one he’s making for me will use the Ulf drivers so it will be voiced the same as my Ulf mains. Eric seems to think it will work well with a single 7 tweeter array and two mids. We initially discussed 4 mids. I don’t know about better or ultimate

I understand . I guess that he just doesn't show that one on the site .
It makes sense though to use the same mids and tweeter as the Ulf for the same voicing. LMK what you think of it .
@grey9hound This is the first Ulf center he’s made. I don’t know if it will be a standard product or not. I guess most people don’t use the Ulfs for HT since they are so large. They make my 804s look like bookshelf speakers. And I use to think they were big.
@kdude I am no where near catching you. I'm really close to reaching a plateau though. When I get the HDPlex LPS in my media server and grannyring mods my teradaks, I'm going to leave it alone for a while.
@grannyring, the cables are sounding great after burning overnight. If this is what the Lush sound like, I can understand their popularity.
Well couple hundred hour shift in the 2170 now. Ran room perfect probably 10 different times with different crossover settings, Speaker positions etc. Best I found was running the DIs full range in the position that sounded best before and setting the JL sub to 55hz.

It just sounds broken going from bypass to focus. It’s pretty amazing imo. 

On a side note some recordings that are voiced hot benefit from the soft voicing. Doesn’t sound soft just takes a tiny bit of bite off. neutral sounds best on most things. Anyone know if you can create customs eq and upload via usb? 

Thanks

It just sounds broken going from bypass to focus. It’s pretty amazing imo.
Are you saying it sounds "broken" in Bypass or Focus?