SL1200GAE New Tonearm

Want to change the stock arm. Looking at a triplaner 9" vii any other one around $3500 new used . No preferences in particular.
128x128jtsnead
Yes looking at a V would like easy vta not sure how easy sme are

SME armboards for SL1200GAE, G, and GR

When Technics introduced the SL1200, they also introduced the SL120, which--instead of including a Technics tonearm--included a SME-compatible armboard. The Technics DD TTs have a relationship with SME tonearms going back to the product introduction.

@chakster also looking at the reeds, know anyone can get me one near my price.as I read more not sure about the TP I do like how the arm sits on the top of the table like the red. I know about the arm boards I was almost going to order the Jelco 850S from them but thought might as go up a notch or two. My cartridges are the Cadenza Bronze, AT ATR9. Quintet black, Grace F9 with ss ruby stylus. Could also get the Jelco and upgrade my Parasound JC3 JR phono stage?
@johnnyb53

When Technics introduced the SL1200, they also introduced the SL120, which--instead of including a Technics tonearm--included a SME-compatible armboard.

It was in 1975-1977, but good idea.
New SL-1200GAE, G, RG series without technics tonearm would be great today.
Anyway we will see NEW Technics tonearms for sale from those people who will replace them with something else. I think the owners of old Sl1200mkII could replace their stock old tonearm with this new arm from GAE series. I wonder how much

@jtsnead 

Never tried the ART-9, but this is my old ART-2000 on Reed 3P "12 
"9.5 Reed is much cheaper than "12 inch, i hope you can get one in your price range. 

Here is a picture of short Reed arms from ArtisanFidelity 

You might ask Ralph Karsten (Atma-sphere) whether the standard 9-inch Triplanar will mount on the new SL1200GAE.  If it does, very good choice.  A 12-inch version of the TP is now available, as well.  I own both a 10.5-inch Reed 2A and a 9-inch TP.  Both are excellent, but I know for sure that the 9-inch TP will not mount on an SP10 Mk2 or Mk3, which is why I bought the 10.5-inch Reed.  However, this was before the 12-inch TP came into existence.