SL1200GAE New Tonearm

Want to change the stock arm. Looking at a triplaner 9" vii any other one around $3500 new used . No preferences in particular.
128x128jtsnead
I love the stock arm.  I think its pretty darn good.  It takes some time getting the right headshell and so on but it sounds really good to these ears.  Cannot see how it can get much better and I have heard some great tonearms.
 Cannot see how it can get much better and I have heard some great tonearms.
As I have mentioned, the stock arm is as good or better than many 'high end audio' arms. It could be playing bass better though and could be a bit more neutral (the arm tube talks back to the cartridge a bit).

@pryso FWIW, Atma-Sphere was established 42 years ago as of August of this year.

Ralph, congratulations for that.  I knew it was some time ago you established Atma-Sphere, but at my age narrowing down specifics for time is not always easy.  

I will only add that nearly 30 years ago I owned a pair of your MA-1 amps, 100 wpc as I recall.  Within their limitations they were one of the most musically enjoyable components I ever had.  Unfortunately because of the power requirements for my speakers and their impedance curve it was not a good match for complex, dynamic music.  Otherwise the amps themselves were amazing and your support was exceptional.  I remain impressed to this day.

Now back to tonearms. ;^)
@atmasphere 

Atma-Sphere was established 42 years ago as of August of this year.

Damn, i was born in the same year :) 

More to discover