Focal Kanta No.2

Focal introduced a new line today beginning with the Kanta No.2. It looks like they're positioning it between the W cone equipped 1000 series and the Sopra. It's got the shape of the older Utopia products before they went segmented. Any thoughts? Curious what people will think when they hear them. 
kosst_amojan
No, the most certainly are not more efficient in the bass region! Do the math. .5dB is just about the margin of that error so that increase in sensitivity isn't going to amount to a hill of beans. However, the 2.5 ohm impedance right in the middle of their bass pass band is going to draw more power. 

As for the line arrays theory, generally, coupling breaks down once wavelengths exceed the on center distance between drivers. That distance on the 936 is under a foot so they don't really break down as a coherent mechanical unit until 1000Hz. They're down about 18dB at that point. My guess is that's why you see some odd behavior from the bottom 2 as the top one tapers off more shallowly. 

It seems we're generally in agreement. In any event, I'd expect the Kanta No.2 to have better controlled bass considering the only difference between those drivers and the 936 drivers is a significantly more linear motor. 
My expectation is the use of the extra current use was to extend very low bass and the phase angle is moderate. Still, I would never suggest pairing a Focal design with anything that doesn't have good impedance stability. It is likely one on of the greater causes of complaint about the speaker balance as the wrong paring will change it.

Its likely the mechanical limits as the upper driver isn't experiencing this to the same degree. Since those are lower in signal amplitude, the relative mechanical impact is increased.

Granted the efficiency gain is in a typical margin of error, but I expect Focal gave it that slight nudge as its own measurements had shown it regularly having a slight advantage. I still believe Focal was at the efficiency limit of the mid or tweeter driver instead of the bass arrangement when designing the 948.

But yes, for the most part we are in agreement with differences in talking points only.
Had the opportunity to listen to both the Kanta 2 ($10K) and the Electra 1028BE ($7K) side by side last month at my local dealer.  1028BE  better in every way to my ears.  and $3K less.  Am I missing something?
The tweeter in the Kanta No.2 is most certainly better than the Electra, so make of that what you will. 
kosst,

Face it, the Kanta 2's with there 2 very small 6" woofers definitely are not full range speakers. Listen to them for yourself or let it go man.

ozzy