Converting cd's to high resolution audio

All my music is on cd's and my reading tells me that the cd itself has a limited shelf life and will degrade over time.
Any recommendations about converting my cd's to FLAC or some type of high quality music files. Not looking for
compressed files.
I see products such as the Blue Sound Music Vault and a Sony High Resolution Music Player.
Does anybody have any thoughts about how to accomplish this goal?

Thank you. 
128x128kjl1065
Excellent discussion guys. I have only (1) CD that is bronze compared to silver in color. It is a disc from the 80's and spent most, if not all of its time, in Europe. Still plays fine indeed. As luck would have it I do not own any Compact Disc that exhibits "rot".Happy Listening!
“If you want to convert to DSD and you like the change in sound that provides, great. If you have one DAC you prefer over another, that is great. If you want to tout better sound due to reduction in jitter, better clocking, superior analog output stages, fine. But please don't provide misinformation about retrieving "more data", your simply not.”

Excellent summation. Well said.
I ripped my 500+ CD collection using my old Mac mini and iTunes to Apple lossless format.  Yes, I have a backup disk, too.  I use the Mac as the media player connected to the TV to browse music using iTunes, or just using Hyperfine Remote app (on any phone or tablet).  I use the Mac digital out to a DAC.
I have ripped my cd’s to a HDD. I do not think any more resolution has been gained by this, but since the HDD is in another room, it seems the background is quieter and the sound better. No spinning disc or other sounds to hear.
Is it in my head? don’t know but ripped files sound better to me.
@elizabeth You are actually changing the data retrieved off a 16bit/44.1Mhz CD and having the Marantz up-sample the CD data to whatever. The original is still 16/44.1 and that is that. Half the problem with Hi-Rez downloads is that the masters (tape) were done at a bit rate (eg 16) but up-sampling falsely changes this to 24 bit by colouring in and sharpening the sound image. Sort of like photoshopping a bad or low res image. A.