If You Like Funk: Check Out Vulfpeck

Please leave your thoughts: love it, hate it, somewhere in between or indifferent? And I apologize for the bad dancing white guy in the video. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTUnDV3MgVQ
Ag insider logo xs@2xastewart8944
@thepigdog I respect that. Thanks for weighing in.
@frogman Thanks for the kind words.
@shadorne This list is terrific. I own every Snarky Puppy release (I think). Thank you for all the recommendations. I will be listening through it.
@grey9hound Thank you for your list too. And I'm right in your age bracket (54). I just bought the "Crazyhorse Mongoose" CD per @david_ten recommendation (BTW one son gave the Galactic track he heard a 7 out of 10--from a 17yr old this is pretty high praise. The other hasn't given it a listen yet.)
If anyone else has music recommendations, I highly encourage posting them. If someone recommends it, I will listen to it (at least once).
Regards
Al
Astewart8944

Nice to see you taking an interest and interacting with your kids music and expanding both of your musical  tastes.  I love hearing new stuff.  I too thought it was reminiscent of the Jackson Five and like your reference to the Brothers Johnson (Strawberry Letter 23 - still love that song).

Shadorne has given you some great suggestions and he  may be the only person I know who is close to me as far as being a funky horn band fan affocianado.    First, you may want to introduce your kids to my all time favorite band and first on Shardone’s list, Tower of Power,  BTW, flying to Oakland this weekend to see their 50th Anniversary show and it will be my 104th seeing them live.

Have your kids listen to this:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=oakland+stroke&go=Search&qs=n&sp=-1&pq=oakland+...

To add to Shadorne’s list:
Five Alarm Funk
Heavy Metal Horns
Here Come The Mummies
Jack Mack and the Heart Attack
Phat Phunction
Sante Fe and the Fat City Horns
Trombone Shorty
Sage
Prime Time Funk
Sons of Champlin
Buddy Mile
Boston Horns
Mandrill

Keep listening and keep sharing,

Frank
PS - the funkier than all get out sax  player in that clip of Tower of Power was Lenny Pickett who was only 19 years old at that time they recorded that album.  He was just 17 when he joined Tower of Power and when they hit it big in 1971 and were playing stadiums in the early 70s.  For the last 30 years or so he has been the leader of the Saturday Night Live Band.  His range is not to be believed (has been since age 16) and he can play up in the stratosphere like no one I’ve heard.  I think dogs coming running he gets up so high.
PSS. - first, I apologize to everyone on this thread if it looks like I am highjacking it as I am not wanting to.  I am just such a huge TOP fan and so enamored with them even 50 years after first hearing them as a young teenager, and just found the clip I was looking for.  I hope everyone will endure it and listen not just to how funky the band is but listen to Lenny Pickett’s solo - to me, his not not only the funkiest sax player on earth,  it he is sick his range is so crazy and he circular breaths a note so high that when he ends the circular breath g he bites if off up in dog whist territory.

asterwart8944 and everyone, sorry if I overplayed this but I thought people might reLly like this clip of the tightest band on the planet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VylNyo_OOU8#fauxfullscreen