If You Like Funk: Check Out Vulfpeck

Please leave your thoughts: love it, hate it, somewhere in between or indifferent? And I apologize for the bad dancing white guy in the video. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTUnDV3MgVQ
Ag insider logo xs@2xastewart8944
I have now listened to Sante Fe and the Fat City Horns' "The Answer"; the band was recommended by both @fmpnd and @chazro 
I like the band overall, although I found this album a bit uneven. It seemed to lose its focus at times. I should note that I'm a big proponent of albums, so that is generally how I listen to artists and bands. Anyway, I like the band enough to give it another go with a different album after I work my way through the other recommended bands above.
@grey9hound BTW I enjoyed the "ranting and raving." Glad you laid out your system for us too.
Regards
Al 
@fmpnd recommended Five Alarm Funk. I listened to "Anything Is Possible." This is the most eclectic group I have listened to from the "funk" groups listed above. This album is from 2010. Maybe the singer has changed (I hope so), I'm not into the singing numbers--the singer has no range--but there are only a few singing numbers. This group's sound is a mashup of big horns, a lot of guitar with the distortion and gain pushed up and a bass/drum combo that stays in sync pretty effectively. The song "UK 47" has a very cool bass groove and "Face Riot" is infectious. The shout-outs are super cool to close out the album..."ladies and gentlemen remember anything is possible!"...this song (Face Riot) is a winner. Thanks Frank. I can predict that this album is going to be a hit with my boys and their band buddies.
Regards
Al    
Al

I am so glad to be able to share some music with you and others here and glad your boys may like Five Alarm Funk. I see others have echoed a few from my list and that makes me so happy others are listening to these great groups.

i was fortunate today to have received Tower of Power’s first new CD (of original new music not a compilation) in nine years. I got it two days before it comes out on Friday (their label Mack Avenue Records is in Detroit right by my office) and it is truly fabulous!  It’s called “Soul Side of Town”

FIFTY YEARS together and they haven’t lost a beat.  Check it out and it comes on vinyl too for us LP guys!

Truly enjoyed and appreciated your post and this thread Al.

Frank
@fmpnd Thanks for the heads up on the new TOP CD. I'm going to get based on your recommendation. Also, please post a report after the 50th Anniversary concert. That should be cool.