Removing spikes... Now my speakers sing

Have you tried to replace the spikes under your speakers, and replace them by footers ?  I find a better unity in the music from my speakers, and beefy sound, and more natural music.
audiosens
What you are doing with the vibrapods is adding mechanical damping to the speaker cabinets. I have been working on this issue for a while doing constrained damping.  In my case this is sorbothane glued to the cabinet with the sorb covered with 4 layers of electrical tape. The effects are amazing. 

Similar things are being done with headphones. Sennheiser used some kind of polymer damping material in the headband of its top models and I would imagine the same for their big bucks electrostat  Grado uses a special polycarbonate and there are several other phones and speakers working in this line. I have my own solutions using sorbothane worked out for Stax phones. That's for another post. You can see some of the history here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/damping-mechanical-energy-distortion-of-stax-and-other-phones-with-s...     

I fully expect the area of damping to develop and  make other  current phones and speakers obsolete.  (however one can to post-hoc modifications with sorbothane to just about anything).

Getting back to the original point, I would still say that you have given up some performance from the spiking although obviously you are finding the footers much more effective. However what I am suggesting is keeping the advantages of spiking and damping. They are both aimed at getting rid of cabinet vibration. 
I'm not getting rid of cabinet vibration with Vibrapods, I'm simply not letting it get into the floor where it can be reflected back into the speaker. 

wolf_garcia
I'm not getting rid of cabinet vibration with Vibrapods, I'm simply not letting it get into the floor where it can be reflected back into the speaker.

Pop quiz: find all the things wrong with that statement.
edstrelow
What you are doing with the vibrapods is adding mechanical damping to the speaker cabinets.

Pop quiz! Find all the things wrong with that statement.