Leave preamp on all day, off at night

Finally had the funds purchased my first tube hifi component, an arc ref 3. Very happy with purchase so far but has raised a concern. System is in main living room - wife and kids listen casually through day - non critical listening. I listen (more critically) for 1-2h at night when they are asleep.
Im used to solid state components that stay on all day long.
Question- is it a problem leaving the valve pre on most of the day, on most days of the week? Is it really just a matter of burning through the tubes faster,  or are there other expensive delicate components in there that don't like being left on all day? Thanks in advance 
divesh
Most of the comments above, heat, aging, etc., apply to both SS and tube electronics. Preamp tubes don't get too warm as compared to amplifier power tubes so the only real difference between an SS and a tube preamp is aging of the tubes and that's part of the ownership experience. Besides, regular/OEM tubes are not that expensive so I wouldn't worry too much about it. That said, personally I think it's a waste to use a piece like an ARC Ref3 for an all day background music purpose but that's just me.  
I have several preamps.A later ARC with expensive tubes requiring replacement at 2000 hours/4000 hours, leaving it on all day is only 16 months to 4000 hurs. 8 hr day. a 12 hr day would be one year!A more typical 12 AX7 AU7 setup the 24/7 on tubes will last about 4 years to 5 years. Since 12's are cheap tubes.. less of an issue.

I suggest using a second preamp, Solid state for 24/7. saving your better preamp for 'critical' listening. Get one with a HT bypass, so it can be easily toggles out of the system when you use the tube preamp.

I do that with CDs/SACDs I listen to a $40 changer to my $$$ DAC all the time. Saving the $$$ spinner.
Tubes should warm up in an hour or so.
So, I would turn everything off when done for the day.
B
i would really like to preserve the life of the ref3, and not waste it on background music and TV etc.
My other pre amp is a quad 99, but it doesn't have any HT bypass.
In regards to using a HT bypass, im assuming the connections would be:
source > DAC > HT bybass Pre amp > RCA out to power amp (ARC ds450) and also XLR to ref3 then out to power amp. does this mean i will have two inputs connected into power amp, one from each pre?