power cables' effect on power conditioner?

After auditioning different power cables over the years I have settled on the ones I  now have in in my system. I do not have a power conditioner, but am considering one. Will the power cable used from the wall outlet to the conditioner change the sonic characteristics of my system? Or is it recommended to use the same cable from the outlet to the conditioner as the cables from the conditioner to each component?
valinar
If your entire system is plugged into it its your most important cable.High gauge copper is best.
Ok, I get the importance of a heavy gauge cable from the outlet to the conditioner. I have an Audience Au24se cable that I can use for that. I have a LFD NCSE MKII+ integrated amp. I use  LFD Silicon Signature power cables for the amp and LFD Dac 5se dac. Although considerably less costly than the Audience the LFD cable gives a much better sound. But will the sound be changed noticeably by a different brand power cable in the chain? The LFD is not as heavy as the Audience.
Thanks for the info. Power conditioning is a new arena for me.
There is no risk in mixing brands among your power cables as long as the capacity of the cord matches the draw from the conditioner. So try and see what sounds best to you. My personal experience is that the cable to the conditioner is actually less sensitive than the cables from the conditioner, that’s assuming a conditioner that has some genuine power reserve/augmentation capability.
- 1.   I find that each power cord in the chain affects the sound - sometimes, significantly.  In my rig, I’ve got three different brand power conditioners operating off three different circuits. Over the years, I’ve swapped many cables in different positions - yielding varying results. There’s a higher probability that using the same brand & model cable from the wall to the conditioner as from the conditioner to the component will most likely keep the sonics similar.

Most source components benefit from a power conditioner. Not all amps do. Frequently, the dynamics suffer. It depends on the design of the conditioner.

Be sure to search the Audiogon forum archives for ’power conditioner’. There’s a wealth of information here.