Just got ruined by a pair of Treo CTs

So, went down to my local hi-fi shop today and they just so happened to have a pair of Treos with the carbon tweeters on display. He put on a Donald Fagen record and my jaw dropped, the top end was just...blissful... just perfect. Hard to describe.
Immediately afterward I heard the magnepan 3.7. while sounding great, the Treos sounded substantially better IMO.
Ok..so was planning to get a brand new pair of model 2s at some point, now I'm not so sure. The Treos CTs cost $8500. Oh dear...
bstatmeister
musical surroundings phenomena II into a NAIM Atom streamer / amp....40 WPC class A/B
The ones are up to 1300?  I bought my 2Ci brand new for retail at 1195 plus an extra 50 for the Vanderstands.  That was in 1992.

@stereo5 

doubt that high end loudspeakers are in inflation basket of goods but $1 in 1992 is $1.79 in 2018
.... looks like the Frugal Dutchman of Hanford has been doing pretty good....

your 2ci would be $2140 no stands and hopefully we might agree that the upgrades to current status 2 are worth the premium above inflation... ?

i sold a ton of 1b in 1985 for $660 a pair, pretty sure if I ran those numbers he has beat inflation by a bunch

just my $.02 in 2018 money...
Yup
$660 in 1985 = $1,540 today
no stands in 1985
stands are about $150 additional today

here is my take of a killer system:

Mofi Table
Ortofon bronze
Quicksilver, Belles, or Rogue Integrated
Steen 1ci

decent wires
add a BlueSound or Aries Mini...

holy cow
"As for driving them, they are very very easy to drive. Not a difficult load at all."

Any other 85dB/2.83v/1m speaker I've owned, even at 8ohms (vs. the Treo 6ohms) required solid power to sound good. These must be an 
exception.