Lyra Atlas experiences

A few years ago, I invested in a Lyra Atlas cartridge / pickup. I have moved up, from Lyra Clavis in the early 2000s and Lyra Titan i later. The Atlas was expensive, but I have not looked back. Yet I wonder, can something more be done, to optimize the Atlas, in my system, and others. How can this remarkable pickup run its best. What are the best phono preamp and system matches. Should the system be rearranged. Have anyone done mods or DIYs to their systems to get the "reception" right? What happened? Comments welcome. You dont need to own a Lyra Atlas but you should have heard it, to join this discussion. Comments from the folks at Lyra are extra welcome - what is your experience.
Oystein
o_holter
@o_holter I have been using a long-in-the-tooth Clavis DC on and off for years.  I have not experienced any woofer pumping in my system.  If I may make a suggestion (I'm assuming you are using sorbothane pucks in your HW-19) you might consider using a different Duro rating, maybe softer.  Another potential culprit might be the bearing.  An "oil change" and cleaning may help.  Check the best to see if there is any obvious wear that could be getting into the platter assy.

I used the Clavis DC briefly in my VPI HW-19/III (spring sprung, not pucks) until changing to a modified TNT and then to an Aries Extended.  Arms used include Premier FT3 with Sumiko Analog Survival Kit arm wrap, Jelco 750D and JMW Memorial 12.  Never an issue.  
Thank you bpoletti, very interesting. I still have my Clavis DC on the loft, and should probably take it down to test it for woofer pumping. I dont remember much pumping in the years when I used this now well worn cart, but that was with a different tonearm, the very difficult Souther / Triquarts parallel arm, skating around rather than giving a precise image of the groove (in my system at least), though the arm was so light that there was no resonance problem. The compliance of the Clavis, Titan and Atlas are the same I believe - as given from Lyra - 12 at 100hz.

I am no longer using the HW-19, but instead a Hanss T30 which I find superior in most (not all) respects.

Maybe we share an experience - with Lyra cartridges - even the Clavis, and even more, with the Titan, and the Atlas - changing the player and arm makes a difference.
Bpoletti, from what I read, the Jelco 750D has more effective mass than my SME V - 13.48g vs ca 10.5g. So if there is rumble or subsonic pumping you should notice more.
Raul, where did you hear the "Lyra Evolve", as you claim in a post above? This is not a Lyra model I know of. Your idea that good cartridges will sound sub-optimal with tube electronics does not work out, according to my ears. Using the Lyra Atlas with the Aesthetix Io Eclipse dual power. Have you actually heard this combination? If not, please restrict your overall general judgements.