Just got ruined by a pair of Treo CTs

So, went down to my local hi-fi shop today and they just so happened to have a pair of Treos with the carbon tweeters on display. He put on a Donald Fagen record and my jaw dropped, the top end was just...blissful... just perfect. Hard to describe.
Immediately afterward I heard the magnepan 3.7. while sounding great, the Treos sounded substantially better IMO.
Ok..so was planning to get a brand new pair of model 2s at some point, now I'm not so sure. The Treos CTs cost $8500. Oh dear...
bstatmeister
"As for driving them, they are very very easy to drive. Not a difficult load at all."

Any other 85dB/2.83v/1m speaker I've owned, even at 8ohms (vs. the Treo 6ohms) required solid power to sound good. These must be an 
exception. 
The experience is true typically of any given brand. Listen to a lower model, then compare to a higher one and... watch your wallet hemorrhage cash! ;) 

Passion many times costs more, but yields intense experiences not reproducible with lesser products. 
Wow, what a great system Tomic.  I love that Belles integrated. Would drive the heck out of the Treo CT's and it's less than 2k, lol.  Talk about making them more affordable.  That's teh cool thing about Vandersteen, they really are an easy load. As long as you feed it good power, they will perform. They just scale better than many speakers, so you will get full enjoyment the better amps you hook them up to.  Not all companies can say that about their speakers.  
@douglas_schroeder ,
But, you have to admit the Vandersteen line is very well priced, considering how much quality sound they put out.
B
Last Saturday I was at the T.H.E. SHOW in Irvine, CA and went in the room that carries Vandersteen Speakers and saw that they were demoing the Treo CT, I was really surprised at how the Treo CT sounds was, it so happen Richard Vandersteen himself was there in the room, I told him I thought my Current Vandersteen 2CE Sig II sounded really good, but the Treo CT is in another level, just simply amazing. I told Richard I am now considering selling my 2CE Sig II and get the Treo CT, he smiled and said yes that I will not be disappointed, he also said what I’m hearing now is not fully broken in yet and it will get even more better.