FR66s vs Ikeda IT-407 CR tonearms

Has anyone compared the FR66s to the newer Ikeda IT-407 CR1 tonearm? Any thoughts? In previous years, the Ikeda was available with either copper or silver internal wiring but the recent models don't mention anything about the tonearm wiring. Can anyone comment what type of wiring is used in the latest editions? It would seem intuitive that the later Ikeda IT407 should be a better performer than the FR66s having improved material and bearings over the FR66s but the proof is in the hearing.
ddriveman
This thread still propagates.

I have just purchased a FR 64s.
@lewm ,@syntax with your experience what PS overhang and geometry are you using with this arm? 

No head shell with it but I do have the VTA lifter. I've ordered a Jelco to get started and would like to try some modern cartridges as it seems some of I will be partial to Koetsu.

Any advice is appreciated.

I aligned my FR 64S using the UNItractor, made by Dertonearm. In so doing I used the recommended pivot to spindle distance of 231.5 MM. (Not the factory recommended distance of 230 mm.) Then I used the supplied template that came with the Unitractor to align the cartridge. I actually do not know precisely how much overhang is the result. 

You can order the so called ''Mint tractor'' by Yip for about $100.

Next to by Lewm mentioned parameter you should add the exact

dimension of the spindle of your TT.  If you own and use more

tonearms than one then Unitractor .or Smart tractor by ''Acoustical

systems''.

@nkj 
If you use the "Mint Tractor" from Yip, as suggested by nandric, and you want to use the Dertonarm recommended 231.5mm Pivot to Spindle distance, you need to tell Yip that P2S is 231.5mm.
And you will have to choose between Stevenson, Bearwald or Lofgren curves. Otherwise Yip will use the manufacturer's recommendation which is 230mm P2S and Stevenson as a default.
Good choice on FR64s.

Dear ddriveman, I see your post as ''implicit critic'' on my.

I am very sensitive ''against'' critical remarks so my response

is ''as critical''. Nandric mentioned ''Lew'parameter'' which means

231,5 mm pivot to spindle distance. I even added spindle dimension

because those are not ''equal''. Then 231,5 mm means Bearwald

while the distance mentioned in the user manual ( 230mm )

means Stevenson.