CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
to obtain the same sound quality as a simple 50$ cd or dvd player, a turntalbe with a good cartridge will cost at least 10 x  more. the problem is that even cheap cd players offer very good sound quality. 
CD for sure.  I have A/Bd the two and CD always wins out in my book.  I have finally found a particular CD player which sounds as 'analogue' as the best record deck I have heard: the Vitus SCD-025.  Whatever mystery substance is in that DAC works like magic.
roberjerman913 posts06-26-2018 12:16amAudiophiles would be happier if CD players required as much tweaking as TT's to obtain optimal SQ!

Haha sooo true.
Actually LPs sound pretty good right out of the starting gate, like cassettes. It’s the tizzy, two dimensional, compressed and boring sound of CDs that needs all the help it can get. If you saw all things I do to a CD before I will even attempt to listen to it you’d flip your gizzard.
coolatheart
It's my understanding ALL vinyl is manufactured from a digital imprint.
That may be your misunderstanding, but it's a misunderstanding, and not even remotely true.