My 6922 Tubes Are Too Bright!

I recently bought a Canary CD-100 CD player.  I swapped out the ElectroHarmonix 6922 tubes for Amperex NOS made in Holland since I had read a review stating that the tubes it came with were too bright.  Unfortunately, it's still too bright for my tastes.  Does anyone have a 6922 they would recommend that's a bit warmer?
Thanks!
wbaggesen
They get the newer made Goden  lion tubes  they sound pretty respectable and decent priced or just buy vintage 
Brent Jesse recordings ,can get you whatever balance  you are looking for, but any good matched vintage pairs will cost 
$150-500 a pair depending on. Rarest.  Mallards the Real one 
Are usually the warmest . Phillips owned them s well as pampered
And the very good Phillips miniwatt tubes  D getters are the oldest version usually and on average best sounding.  The Mazda silver foil about $375 a pair will last for years and give you great warm 
Detailed performance.  This tube is a Major step up and Brent 
Stands by his recommendations ,every system is a bit different 
He will exchange to get the balance you are looking for.
Your interconnects ,and speaker cable quality can also have a huge effect in performance . If running a separate  Dac, that too can 
Make a sonic impact .you made a blank statement ?amp,? Preamp
If power  to med priced all too often crappy stock stolen  coupling caps. I have been into every face of audio for over 40 years  and 
The weakest link are the ones that show their ugly head first 
Your tubes most like are cheap stock tubes ,I not changed yet.

Well, that's how 6922/6DJ8 tubes sound. Etched treble. Great for detail freaks. I really do not like them. To each their own.
   Hi , I have a SEP low power amp that takes a single driver tube of your requirement 6DJ8 . So I purchased the following -  NOS E88CC Telefunken, Tesla, CCa Siemens , Phillips SQ, Mullard , JAN Phillips ECG, Russian 6N1P. So now at about $1000 dollars later I put them all in for evaluation . I run Zu speakers which are bright . I avoid silver Interconnects and speaker cables to avoid added brightness . So the results are exactly what you’re asking . Number 1 is the Telefunken ( absolutely ) . Not too bright , flat response and Very Musical . Number 2 is the NOS Tesla E88CC Red Tip ( just like the Telefunken , but more liquid ). Number 3 is the Siemens CCa ( like the Telefunken , but a pinch more brightness ( I run this with KT120 power tubes)  . Number 4 is the Russian Rocket ( the good one ). After that it’s a mixed bag . The Holland Phillips is Too Bright . The American JAN Phillips is good, but plain . And the Mullard is my least favorite ( it’s like a blanket over my speakers ( Sorry To The Mullard Guys ). However the Mullard is good in multi driver tube amps as the phase splitter . My music source is digital with a Schiit Yiggy , a Rogue Pre with NOS Tektronix Telefunkens . My power tubes are NOS GEC KT88 and NOS GEC KT66 smoked glass ( yes the real stuff ). Rectifier is a NOS WE 422a or a NOS RCA 5U4G Black plate or a NOS Mullard GZ34 double getter . So my advise is to go NOS Telefunken E88CC . Also if you read the Tone Descriptions on the Brent Jesse site , you will find they are spot on . If I may offer any additional input , please ask . Best Wishes and Happy Listening , Mike. 
I agree with whart. Try the new production Mullards. they are warmer sounding and not expensive.