Amplifier for Altec Valencia speakers

I have found a pair of Altec Valencia speakers for a new blast from the past project. I am hopeful to hear of experience, both good and bad, regarding hunting down amplifiers for these speakers. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts.
unoear
fjn04,

Would have loved to have heard your CC EL34's. I keep surfing Matt's gently-used section to see if any come up. 

It's interesting that our audio paths have kind of paralleled each other.  I have a pair of Mast Mutter custom crossovers for my Valencia's that I acquired from a fellow A-goner. I just need to muster some energy (and practice my soldering skills) to install them.  I will at some point, raise the Altecs off the floor but will probably leave their skirts in place.  Just haven't determined the right height to raise them to. 

I too, am curious about the Duelend 16 awg speaker wires but took it one step further by acquiring a pair of 2.5M Western Electric KS13385L-1 26 Strand 16awg terminated in small spades at both ends from a gentleman in the Midwest who advertises here and on EBay.  I've been running them in place of the A23's since April and they sound great!  Once they broke in, such a gorgeous midrange and detail!   I'm just about ready to swap back in the A23 to see if their bass is perhaps a bit more than the WE's.  I saw a pair of Shindo silver speakers cables for sale recently on Audiomart but unfortunately didn't have the disposable income ready to splurge...

Thanks for sharing the details of your system and your modification efforts!

closdesducs 
I had brought a new pair of Valencia 846-B's back in 1975. Was just curious if there was a lot of difference between them and the 846-A's besides their appearance?
Hi mr_m,

I've listened to the 846B in someone else's system and of course I own a pair of 846A's but have never listened to both side by side using the same system.  But if you go to the Altec Lansing website at audioheritage.org, you will find others' thoughts and observations (I know because once upon a time, I had an opportunity to acquire an 846B even though I already had an A and asked the same question). 

Happy listening!
closdesducs 
I have to wonder what Atmasphere does with all the transformers he doesn't use. Donations to the transformerless among us? Yard sculpture? Paper weights?