DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
Actually,, you don't have to go wireless to eliminate cables.. Like I did. And never looked back.

ALL that one needs is highly stranded, oxygen free copper at #6 awg with decent insulation and you are off to the races. $1.50/foot. Get yourself some high compression 100% copper lugs and I would A/B that setup against $5K cables all day long. The above average listener would have a very hard time discerning the difference 50% of the time. 
“The above average listener would have a very hard time discerning the difference 50% of the time. “

What at about the other 50%?! And you seem to forget that everyone here is waaay above average listener....We hear things that even cats and dogs fail to hear. Ask anyone here with a cat or a dog at home.
By no coincidence 50% is exactly the probability the Cable is inserted in the wrong direction.