Alternate AC power frequency.. Higher than 60Hz

Watching a Paul McGowan utube video about "What’s the best voltage and frequency’I see he would go up to 400Hz for AC voltage frequency.
I use an older PS Audio P600 with an optional board which lets me boost AC from 60Hz up to 120Hz.
I use it at 111Hz to power my digital gear.
So far, over seven years, a few items died, Particularly Sony changer. ALso a Behringer DEQ2496 sounded better on 60Hz.  But other changers and DACs thrive and sound better with the higher AC frequency.
No no other (A few PS Audio P300 P600 P1200 with the optional board can do it) regenerators ’do’ higher AC frequency. But someone wrote the new PS Audio P20 will also up the frequency if so set.
Now not one word of this on PS Audio P20 owner’s manual. nor anywhere online.
Maybe I have to CALL Paul?
SO.. Anyone else hear of the PS Audio P20 being able to up the Hz from 60?
And yes I will discuss the benefits of this. Up to a point. If you know nothing and want me to educate you totally. Ahhh no, that is not gonna happen.
If you want tp view the utube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np--y3Kfy28
elizabeth
Once again, Elizabeth offered some very good helpful information, which I haven't heard mentioned here before, and just topped it off with some of her, as always (constantly welcomed by me) dry humor.
Appreciate it and her.

I called PS Audio and asked about stuff.  Emailed Paul McGowan.The P20 does not do higher Hz. It is designed to be very efficient at 60HZ and can not be altered.So as far as I know, the only way to try a higher Hz AC power are old PS Audio units P-300 P-600 P-1200 that happened to have an alternate circuit board allowing Hz changed 60 up to 120.
Elizabeth,

The link below is a discussion of why the aviation industry has adopted a standard of 400 Hz for AC power.  Briefly, the use of 400 Hz allows a device such as a motor to operate more efficiently, which, in turn, allows it to be smaller and lighter--characteristics always desirable in airplanes.

But transmitting 400 Hz power over long distances creates greater loses, so power companies have adopted a 60 (or 50) Hz standard.  While certainly not an expert in this matter, it seems pretty clear to me that devices are designed to use specific frequencies, and while one might be able to alter the frequency somewhat and get away with it, this can only be taken so far.

You certainly wouldn't want to run an electric clock designed for 60 Hz on 120 Hz, or even 50 Hz.  And as Viridian points out, our precious turntables are very picky about the frequency of the power they are fed!

As I hope you have gathered from some of the later comments above, you have many fans here and we would hate to see you go!  I don't think it's my imagination but over the past years the discourse here has become rather coarse, and it seems most posters seem to care only that they are perceived as "right," and insult and belittle anyone who dares contradict them.  [And I am not (rpt not) thinking SOLELY of our friend GK, although he may be the exemplar].

We have so few people of the female persuasion here that your departure would likely thin their ranks by 25% or more.  So try to ignore the jerks, and stick around.  And let's all try to rise above the petty sniping, and make this site a more pleasant place.

http://www.fcxinc.com/why-the-aviation-industry-operates-on-400-hz-power/
Post removed