Micro RX 5000 Renaissance?

It may be just a coincidence, but looking through the various reports of the recent Munich high end event I've noticed no fewer than four (!) different turntables that all look suspiciously like the Micro RX-5000.

TW Acoustic and Kuzma launched new models visually 'inspired' by the RX-5000 design, Acoustical Systems showed a table that looks like an exact copy and DB Systems (www.micro.nl) also showed an exact copy, leaving no doubt of its objective by simply calling it 'The Tribute'. And then of course there already was the TechDas AirForce 5.

Does anyone know more about these newbies and what's under their bonnets? It would be interesting to compare their performance vis à vis the original and hear how much technology has moved forward. Or not.

While I'm a happy owner of the RX-1500G, the RX-5000 has been on my radar for quite some time. So with this Micro Renaissance going on, should I wait for a mint original to cross my path or should I go for one of these new tables? It seems Micro enthousiasts are now spoiled for choice........

edgewear

@edgewear The feet on my BL-91L are not the originals. They are MS feet but are about 3" dia. I was told but need to dig out the original emails

The gunmetal platter is about 13kgs and the table about 23.5 kgs. I have levelled the table via the platter and have set the MA-505LS arm and original MS-505 head shell with MC1 cartridge via the specs.

It sounds very good to my ears. I may look at uprating the feet in the future but all is well so far.

The DDX-1500 is a different story. It does have the original feet and the lot weighs in around 45kgs. I will be looking at uprated feet on it before I put into regular service. I'll look into these once I get a few of the regular bills out of the way.

Cheers. A.

@bpoletti , If you don't understand the importance of (very)

large books you can't understand Russian literature or German

philosophy (grin).

@nandric I read constantly., particularly research material.  It's one thing to go into detail when reviewing mundane topics like shortcuts to cryptographic attacks due to the development of Quantum Computing, another thing to read verbose and often incorrect comments from @rauliruegas .   He does tend to comment as it his opinions were facts.  If he wants OUR opinion, he will give it to us.

This is audio, after all.  We doan need no steenkun philosophy.    ;-)
@amg56, finding original Micro R-15 feet will be very difficult, but as an alternative I can recommend www.micro-Seiki.nl. They can supply exact stainless steel replicas for a reasonable price and they have even designed accompanying (non original) spiked dishes to go underneath. A great package that works very well. I should add that my RX-1500 is placed on a wall mounted support, so footfalls and other floorborn resonances cannot interfere with mass loading the table.

My BL-91 still has the original aluminum plateau (although it does have a Puresound Tenuto gunmetal mat on top), but the source mentioned above can also supply exact replicas of the RT-2000 plateau in either brass or stainless steel (not yet gunmetal, as this apparently is not currently available in large enough chunks suitable for CNC machining). So that is an upgrade path I still aim to take.

At least the arguments keep the thread up front for a longer time, which leads to an opportunity for more arguments, which leads to lengthening the life of the thread and the number of posts, which is kind of entertaining. And sometimes informative. Raul is a contrarian. He stirs the pot.  Otherwise, this thread would be nothing but an ode to Micro-Seiki. Not that there's anything wrong with that.