Replacing generic RECEPTACLES

How important is it to replace your generic receptacles with audio grade receptacles . I already replaced my stock power cords to high end Shunyatas. Would it still be necessary to still change my generic receptacles to audio grade? 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
@tattooedtrackman  I don't believe that a CDP necessarily needs to be on a completely dedicated circuit, but would avoid sharing a circuit with appliances or even a high currant power amp.
Because good conductivity and tight connections is important - I do believe in the use of quality receptacles and because there is a bit of noise and grunge introduced from appliances and even down line transformers, and minor voltage dips and spikes in nearly all residential electrical circuits - I do believe in the use of good power conditioners for both video and audio gear...Jim
Yes you can put a 15 amp plug on a 20 amp circuit, but why would you want to?  
You can also put a 20 amp plug on a 15 amp circuit,  but you run the risk of burning down the house and everything in it. Oh yeah, and it's against pretty much every code for that reason!

Some people use 10 guage, but 12 Guage wire will handle both in a home setting, but the breaker might have to be changed to match the plug. 

Hope this helps.

JD
I recently bought a pile of power cords to replace some older ones.
Good improvement. So now I am getting some Furutech duplex. My BIG PLAN for breaking the five outlets all at once is to daisy-chain them.I have the eight extra Wattgate plugs I would need. Install the first Furutech in the wall, both outlets of each with plugs wired into the next one, (12 gaige wire) each side. repeat three more times. then plug my big system pair of plugs in to the top one. The new plugs get burned in, all five outlets get burned in.Yeah it will be interesting to HEAR my system with that in the wall.I figure I can leave them a month like that. (I am betting in 24 hours I will not notice it anymore)
The outlet is on a kitchen wall.. Just have to arrange to keep it untouchable.. for a month. (cover with a box?)
Ahh rethinking the receptacles. Am only getting ONE new gold GTX-D to play with. Decided the others were half way stuff. And I am tired of foolishly buying halfway to just soon enough go all the way. up to the better ones So I cancelled the FPX ones.
@elizabeth ..... I think the Furutech GTX -D-R  Rhodium are better than the gold.... I bought 3...Still burning in my first one hooked up to my refrig.